Walnut and Sultana Protein Flapjacks
1 cup (230g) crunchy peanut butter
1 cup (240ml) raw honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 cups oats
1 cup chocolate protein powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Combine peanut butter and honey in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds.
2.Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes.
3.Whisk in vanilla and egg until smooth.
4.Add oats, cinnamon and protein powder and mix until combined.
5. When ready, the mixture will appear dry and forms a ball
5.Press the oat mixture evenly into the bottom of a deep baking tray lined with baking paper or greased with butter.
6. Leave in fridge for 3 hours to set
This recipe makes 20 flapjacks.
Each portion: 326 kcal, 42g Carbs,
11.5g Fat, 14.9g Protein
(Figures obtained from my fitness pal based on original ingredients)
Cup size used. 1cup= 250ml
Choco-Peanut Butter and Banana Protein Pancakes
Makes 1 serving of 4 medium sized pancakes
Pancake Base Ingredients
1/2 small ripe banana, mashed
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Scitec chocolate and hazlenut)
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp peanut butter.
1 tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup liquid egg whites
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp stevia (or 1 packet)
Mash 1/2 banana with a fork until pureed consistency.
Throw in all the remaining base ingredients and whisk or blend
Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and use a medium heat.
Spoon mixture onto heated pan into 4 medium sized pancakes
Heat 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly, flip and heat other side an additional 2-3 minutes
In the meantime, whisk together filling ingredients
Once pancakes are done, spoon filling onto each layer and stack accordingly
Top with remaining 1/2 banana slices and/or chocolate chips, any other fruit or toppings of your choice.
Approximate nutritional facts for entire recipe (including toppings)
Calories: 393; Total Fat 7.6 g; Carbohydrates: 53 g; Sugar: 20 g; Protein: 26 g, Saturated Fat: 2.2 g; Total Cholesterol: 23 mg; Sodium: 400 mg;
Steak, Asparagus and Potato Salad
- 600g new potatoes
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp baby capers (rinsed)
- small handful of flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- small handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 5tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (900kcal, 105g F)
- 1 small shallot, chopped finely (for 50g 36kcal)
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends snapped off, stems cut at an angle
- 2 thick-cut steaks (500g total)
- 100g rocket
- 75g parmesan cheese, shaved (311kcal, 20.5g P, 26g C, 28.4g P)
- 1tsp honey if needed to sweeten dressing
- twist of salt and black pepper
- Slice the new potatoes evenly, keeping them chunky and cook in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and leave in the pan.
- Mix crushed garlic, Dijon mustard, capers, herbs, red wine vinegar and most of the olive oil.
- Chop all together finely or pulse in food processor. (Taste for flavour, if too sharp, add a little honey until the flavour suits you)
- Add half this dressing to the potatoes along with the chopped shallot and mix well. Place on serving dish to cool slightly
- Heat a griddle pan and once hot, chargrill the asparagus brushing with a little oil as you go, turning frequently for about 6 mins. Season and set aside
- Brush the steak with a little oil, season with pepper and cook on griddle for approx. 2mins on each side for Med-rare, 3 each side for well done.
- Sprinkle with salt cover and leave for at least 5mins to rest
- Mix the rocket through the potatoes
10. Slice steak thinly (0.5-1cm wide) across the grain and place on the potatoes, drizzle the remaining dressing over and add asparagus with shaved Parmesan to serve.
Salmon, Egg and Avocado Protein roll
- Lidl Protein roll (halved) Kcal: 134, F: 6.7g, C 4.25g, P 13.4g
- 1 Large egg – poached/boiled Kcal: 74, F: 5g, C 0.4g, P 6.3g
- Salmon (smoked) 125g, Kcal 213, F 13g, C 1g, P 29g
- Avocado (halved 100g) Kcal 161, F 14.5g, C 8.5g, P 2g
- Season with S+P to your liking